|CreatClear = Sex * ((140 – Age) / (SerumCreat)) * (Weight / 72)|
- Equation parameters such as Sex have two or more discrete values that may be used in the calculation. The numbers in the parentheses, e.g. (1), represent the values that will be used.
- The default unit of measure for weight is kilograms. Please verify that the correct unit of measure has been selected.
- This equation provides an estimate of the creatinine clearance (Creat Clear) if the plasma creatinine concentration is stable. Weight is the estimated lean body weight.
- Cockcroft DW, Gault MH. Prediction of creatinine clearance from serum creatinine. Nephron. 1976;16(1):31-41.
- Lubowitz H, Slatopolsky E, Shankel S, et al. Glomerular filtration rate. Determination in patients with chronic renal disease. JAMA 1967; 199:252.
- Levey AS, Bosch JP, Lewis JB, et al. A more accurate method to estimate glomerular filtration rate from serum creatinine: a new prediction equation. Modification of Diet in Renal Disease Study Group. Ann Intern Med 1999; 130:461.
ThePhysician.org includes risk tools and content intended for use by healthcare professionals. These tools do not give professional advice; physicians and other healthcare professionals who use these tools or databases should exercise their own clinical judgment as to the information they provide.
Please read Disclaimer for additional information