DIC Score Interpretation
|0-4 points:||DIC is not overt, repeat score in 1-2 days|
|5-8 points:||DIC probable, repeat score daily|
- This scoring system is only appropriate for patients with an underlying disorder that can be associated with DIC.
- Examples of Fibrin Markers include D-dimer and fibrin split products.
- The DIC Score was developed by the The International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH.)
- Levi M, Toh CH, Thachil J, Watson HG. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of disseminated intravascular coagulation. Br J Haematol. 2009 Apr;145(1):24-33.
- Kaneko T, Wada H. Diagnostic criteria and laboratory tests for disseminated intravascular coagulation. J Clin Exp Hematop. 2011; 51(2):67-76.
- Voves C, Wuillemin WA, Zeerleder S. International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis score for overt disseminated intravascular coagulation predicts organ dysfunction and fatality in sepsis patients. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2006; 17(6):445-51.
ThePhysician.org includes risk tools and content intended for use by healthcare professionals. These tools do not give professional advice; physicians and other healthcare professionals who use these tools or databases should exercise their own clinical judgment as to the information they provide.
Please read Disclaimer for additional information